LUTS and Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (BPH)
Are there common points between BPH and ED? From Epidemiology to Pathophysiology
- Epidemiological correlation between LUTS and ED in literature – A. Apostolidis
- Cause and effect: pathophysiology - A. Apostolidis
- Common pathophysiological mechanisms in LUTS and ED – A. Apostolidis
- Discussion: are LUTS and ED correlated? – A. Apostolidis
Α-inhibitors, 5a-reducatase inhibitors, herbal preparations: how much and for how long does pharmacotherapy help?
- A-inhibitors - A. Athanasopoulos
- 5a-reductase inhibitors - A. Athanasopoulos
- Herbal preparations - A. Athanasopoulos
- How much do herbal preparations help? -A. Athanasopoulos
- Combination of a –inhibitor and 5a-reductase inhibitor - A. Athanasopoulos
Do BPH-LUTS pharmacotherapies equally affect the patients' sexual life?
- How do LUTS therapies affect sexual life? – P. Perimenis
- Correlation between class of LUTS drugs and sexual impact – P. Perimenis
- Pharmacotherapy Strategies. Conclusions – P. Perimenis
Do Surgical Treatments for BPH-LUTS equally affect the patients' sexual life?
- Surgical LUTS treatments and correlation with sexual life. TUR-P, Open Prostatectomy – G. Alivizatos
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques for LUTS and ED. Conclusions – G. Alivizatos
- Discussion on techniques and consequences in ED – G. Alivizatos
Is there evidence that PED5-inhibitors can be first-line pharmaceuticla treatment for patients with BPH-LUTS and ED?
- Clinical trials and their analysis upon PDE5-inhibitors and their action in BPH-LUTS – K. Hatzimouratidis
- Combination of PDE5 inhibitors and a-inhibitor for the treatment of LUTS-BPH. Discussion-K. Hatzimouratidis
What are the official Recommendations provided by Scientific Societies upon the optimal therapeutic management of BPH-LUTS patients?
- Evaluating Recommendations in the International Literature. Level of evidence, Grade of recommendation – D. Mitropoulos
- Recommended Monotherapies for the treatment of LUTS and BPH – D. Mitropoulos
- Combination therapies in the treatment of LUTS and BPH. New therapeutic schemes – D. Mitropoulos
- Post-prostatectomy ED and the role of PDE5-inhibitors– D. Mitropoulos
What is the optimal treatment for patients with co-existing LUTS and ED? An effort to reach consensus.
- Conclusions and Consensus Recommendations – G. Alivizatos, D. Hatzichristou
- Recommendations for LUTS and ED. Discussion – G. Alivizatos, D. Hatzichristou
BPH & Erection – What I would like to know
- Concerns of Mr Apostolidis – D. Mitropoulos, A. Apostolidis
- Concerns of Mr Athanasopoulos – D. Mitropoulos, A. Athanasopoulos
- Concerns of Mr Perimenis – D. Mitropoulos, P. Perimenis
- Concerns of Mr Hatzimouratidis and Mr Alivizatos – D. Mitropoulos, K. Hatzimouratidis, G. Alivizatos
- Concerns of Mr Mitropoulos – D. Mitropoulos
BPH: Monotherapy or Combination Therapy?
- UroSwords I (BPH): Monotherapy or Combination therapy? - H. Mamoulakis, S. Gravas
- Round 1: Efficacy
- Round 2: Adverse events - PSA Testing
- Round 3: Prevention of progression
- Discussion - Results
Treatment of patients with co-existing ED and LUTS
- Presenting the problem- D. Hatzichristou
- Consensus group- D. Hatzichristou
- Dilemmas- Α. Αthanasopoulos
- Prevalence of ED and LUTS. Use of a-blockers and PDE5i - G. Alivizatos
- Discussion upon the use of b-blockers and PDE5i
Prostatic Hypertrophy: after all, what and how do we treat?
- Diagnostic tests: Digital examination - PSA testing - G. Alivizatos
- Diagnostis tests: Ultrasound screening - Creatinine test -Urine test - G. Alivizatos
- Diagnostic tests: Urinary diary - Uroflowmetry & Post-Void Residual Urine - G. Alivizatos
- Συζήτηση- G. Alivizatos
- Pharmacotherapy: Combination therapy - Herbal extract preparations – Anticholinergics - PDE5-inhibitors - G. Alivizatos
- How do we choose the appropriate pharmacotherapy? For how long?- G. Alivizatos
- Choosing the appropriate surgical treatment- G. Alivizatos